Who We Are
Our team of health care professionals is dedicated to providing quality health care in order to encourage prevention, facilitate healing and instill life long wellness. We help you accomplish your goals by:
- understanding the cause of your pain
- providing one-to-one therapy in an atmosphere of warmth and respect
- ensuring expertise in techniques and services through ongoing staff training
- working with you to create a health maintenance plan after therapy
- to accommodate adults of all ages, we offer morning, afternoon, or evening appointments at a time that’s convenient for you.
How You Benefit
We can help with many issues such as:
- back pain
- chronic neurologic conditions
- joint pain
- joint replacements
- muscle fatigue
- orthopedic conditions and pain
- pre-surgery strengthening
- post-surgery rehab
- shoulder problems
- sports-related injuries
- sprains and strains
- workplace injuries
- Land-based physical therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Balance/fall prevention therapy
- Specialized back therapy
- Free healthy back screenings
- Free balance screenings
- Health maintenance membership (upon completing therapy)
- On-campus access to speech and occupational therapies
These services are provided by licensed, highly trained, dedicated therapists in a client-centered environment. Treatment is provided for adults of all ages.
Balance & Motion Therapy
Using the latest techniques and technology, the program provides:
- a comprehensive physical therapy balance evaluation to assess your fall risk
- an individualized training program to help you move safely, and increase strength and balance
Specialized Back Therapy
If you experience back or neck pain with even the simplest movements, you can find relief through this comprehensive therapy. You can expect:
- a thorough evaluation to determine your specific issue quickly
- active involvement in a prescribed series of exercises to give you plenty of self-help tools
- instruction in how to minimize risks to help prevent painful recurrence with a McKenzie certified therapist on staff
Beyond the Water
Peter B. Lewis Aquatic & Therapy Center clients appreciate many benefits at one location including aquatic therapy, land-based physical, speech and occupational therapies, sports-related therapy services and exercise and wellness programming.
Physical therapy can begin with land-based therapy, or it can follow aquatic therapy. Together, the client and physical therapist develop an individualized exercise regimen. We make it easy to continue exercise after therapy by providing diagrams and detailed descriptions of exercises for independent home use.
Water is a relaxing medium that enhances mobility as it counters the limits of gravity. The buoyancy, warmth and resistance provided by our water therapy:
- boost muscle strength
- improve coordination and joint flexibility
- increase cardiovascular endurance
- decrease muscle stiffness and soreness
We offer free door-to-door transportation for therapy clients within our service area.
Therapy sessions are usually covered by Medicare and many private insurances.
For information about additional outpatient rehabilitation services click here.
Following successful therapy, you can continue to improve strength and flexibility with the Center’s exercise specialists. Exercise equipment is specially designed to alleviate joint pressure and enable the most satisfying workout, regardless of the client’s age or wellness goals. Both therapy and health maintenance clients have access to the warm-water recreational pool for additional exercise.
Conveniently located just off Interstate 271, one block from Beachwood Place Mall